Aqua Hub is one of Kenya’s major Coco Peat Suppliers. We manufacture, package, and distribute high-quality Coco Peat/Coco Coir. Our coco peat is of great quality and reasonably priced. Our cocopeat costs Ksh 150 per kilogram for treated coco peat and Ksh 70 for untreated coco peat. Coir blocks weighing 5 to 7 kg are priced at 750 per block, with discounts based on quantity. We have ready-to-use (wet) coco peat (coconut coir or coconut peat). Coir can be used as a seed starter or as a neutral growth medium in hydroponics.
What are the benefits of using coco peat?
Coco peat is a coconut husk-based growth medium. It has a wide range of applications. The fibrous coconut husk is pre-washed, machine-dried, sieved, and cleaned to remove sand and other contaminants such as animal and plant debris. These procedures are carried out prior to their application.
Cocopeat is a good substitute for more traditional materials such as peat moss and rock wool. It is an ideal growth medium for plant crops due to its high water-holding capacity and air-filled porosity. Coco peat is fully organic and environmentally friendly, as well as free of soil-borne diseases and weeds. It has an adequate EC level of 1 mS/cm for plant development and a pH range of 5.7 to 6.5.
When used alone or as a component in the soil, it increases water retention, promotes aeration, and inhibits fungus development, all of which are good for the plant. We create, package, and supply high-quality coco peat for local and worldwide export markets, including Coco Peat/Coco Coir, Exfoliated Vermiculite, Expanded Perlite, Peat Moss, and Vermicompost.
What are the Properties of Cocopeat?
- Cocopeat is a lightweight, easy-to-work-with material that may be reused for up to four years.
- Because of its physical and biochemical properties, cocopeat is resistant to bacterial and fungal growth.
- Decomposition of cocopeat takes a long period. It does not begin to degrade until it is 10 years old, so it is a long-term investment.
- It has a pH range of 5.2 to 6.8 that ranges from neutral to slightly acidic. Because of reason, it’s good for combining with alkaline garden soil. Find out more about soil pH and how it influences plant growth.
- Cocopeat can hold and distribute nutrients to plants for an extended length of time.
- It contains high oxygenation levels, which are essential for root development.
- Cocopeat can be combined with a number of different materials, such as soil and manure, or utilized on its own.
- Cocopeat is a high-quality product with long-term environmental sustainability that is reasonably priced.
- Cocopeat is a great soil conditioner since it can store up to eight times its volume in moisture. It’s quite normal.
- Cocopeat has a consistent, uniform texture and is simple to work with. Unlike soil, it does not form mud.
Aqua Hub is a good place to acquire coco peat in Kenya. We are the number one coco peat suppliers in Kenya. Our product comes in 5kg compacted blocks or loose 5kg and 18kg bags. We supply untreated coco peat for usage as a versatile media as coco peat suppliers in Kenya.